2. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
2.1. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
(b) PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED. In order for you to access certain premium services that we offer via the Site, we require you to provide us with certain information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include the following categories of information: (1) Contact Data (such as your name, mailing address, and e-mail address); (2) Financial Data (such as your account or credit card number for donation purposes); and (3) Demographic Data (such as your zip code and age). If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards, or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
2.2. USES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
(a) FOUNDATION USE OF INFORMATION. In general, we use personal information we collect to pursue our mission and operations and to engage in the activity (and related activities) for which we collect it. Specifically, we may use your personal information:
· to fulfill our obligations to you and to respond to any questions or requests;
· to contact you about material changes in our site terms or policies;
· to comply with the law or in good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the requirements of law or to comply with legal process served on us;
· to provide to third parties as a result of any reorganization process;
· if you sign up for a blog, feed or newsletter, we may put you on our mailing list or even the list of a Third Party who we think has a similar mission.
Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to make all lawful, worldwide uses of personal information, including without limitation, to: collect, use, access (or bar access), process, fulfill, disclose, display, share, respond to legal process or otherwise exercise our rights under applicable law, transfer, store, verify, enforce, delete, and otherwise deal with personal information, and information other than personal information (collectively "Disclose").
(b) USER CHOICE REGARDING COLLECTION, USE, AND DISTRIBUTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you can still access and use much of the Site; however you will not be able to access and use those portions of the Site that require your Personal Information. If you do not wish to receive information and promotional material from us or from some of our partners, you may select the appropriate “opt-out” option each time we ask you for Personal Information.
4. PUBLIC INFORMATION. The Site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We also make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and news groups available to you. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information.
Consent to Electronic Notice If There is a Security Breach: If we or a Recipient is required to provide notice of unauthorized access or other invasion of certain security systems, you agree that we (or they) may do so when required (or voluntarily) by posting notice on our Site or sending notice to any email address we have for you, in our (or their) good faith discretion. You agree that notice to you will count as notice to others for whom you are acting, and agree to pass the notice on to them.
6. CHILDREN. We do not want to collect information from children. Do not provide any personal information unless you are at least 13 years of age, and please caution your children not to provide any. If a child under 13 has provided personal information, a parent or guardian may so inform us by writing us at Our Address for Legal Notices (see below) and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete it from our database, subject to applicable law and this Policy.
7. INFORMATION SECURITY. We use reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information received from our users from unauthorized use or disclosure.
8. IDENTITY THEFT. If anyone believes they're a victim of identity theft entitled by law to request information from us, write us at Our Address For Legal Notices and we'll explain what information we require in order to respond. After receiving that information, we’ll supply (without charge) information we then have that we are legally required to provide (subject to applicable law and reserving all rights and defenses).
10. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS. Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once each calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately preceding calendar year.
To obtain this information, please send an e-mail message to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide in response the requested information to you at your e-mail address.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only required information will be included in our response.
Our address for Legal Notices:
Thompson Family Foundation
420 Aviation Blvd, Suite 201
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Attn: Ronald Wargo